Emergency - 999
It may be appropriate in certain cases to call the emergency service (ambulance etc) on 999 instead of, or as well as, the doctor. Such cases would include accidents with possible fractures, head injury with unconsciousness ('knocked out'), sudden collapse with chest pain or paralysis.
Please, however, always be mindful that the emergency services have many demands on their resources and always use 999 responsibly.
The new NHS 111 service is now available to all our patients. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones – just dial 111. This service will:
- Replace the old out-of-hours phone number, you should dial 111 if you need medical advice when the surgery is closed
- Replace NHS Direct, you should dial 111 if you need health information or advice
- Help you access the correct local urgent health care service if you need urgent care, at any time
When you call 111, a trained adviser will ask you questions to find out what’s wrong, give you medical advice and direct you to someone who can help you, like an out-of-hours doctor or a community nurse. NHS 111 uses Type Talk for people who are hard of hearing, and has interpreters available for callers who do not speak English.
When to use it
You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it's not a life-threatening situation. Call 111 if:
- you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency
- you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
- you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
- you need health information or reassurance about what to do next
For less urgent health needs, contact us at the surgery or your local pharmacist in the usual way.
For immediate, life-threatening emergencies, continue to call 999.
Urgent Care Centre
Situated on the Loughborough Hospital site on Epinal Way, the Urgent Care Centre is open 24 hours every day for patients to access. No appointment is needed and you will be seen by a nurse or doctor as appropriate.
|Appointments & Home Visits
|NHS 111 (telephone advice from trained staff)
|Urgent Care Centre, Epinal Way, Loughborough
|Leicester Royal Infirmary
||0116 254 1414
||0116 249 0490
||0116 287 1471
|Queens Medical Centre
||0115 942 1421
||0116 295 7880