Managing your mental health and wellbeing during COVID19

The COVID-19 pandemic is going to have an impact on everyones daily lives and you may begin to feel anxious or worried, or be concerned about your health or that of those close to you. Everybody reacts differently and its important that you take care of your mind as well as your body and seek further support if you need it.

It is important to follow the latest official guidance on staying at home and away from others to keep everyone safe.

If you are feeling very anxious this NHS website has lots of useful information and tips to help you manage your anxiety at home: Coronavirus Anxiety Tips

Public Health England have created comprehensive guidance on how to manage your mental health and wellbeing during the Coronavirus Outbreak Managing your mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19

There are also lots of great helplines that you can contact if you feel like you need to talk to someone or need some more support.


Call 116 123 (Open 24 hours) or visit Samaritans

Anxiety UK

Anxiety UK are a charity that provide support if you have been diagnosed with an anxiety condition. Call 03444 775774 (Mon-Fri 09.30am-10pm; Sat-Sun 10am-8pm) or visit AnxietyUK

Mental Health Central Access Point (CAP)

If you are in need of urgent NHS mental health support you should call the Central Access Point on 0116 295 3060.

The CAP service is for people of all ages across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland – including existing and previous service users and people who have never used mental health services before. It also support carers, stakeholders and health and social care professionals looking for information and advice.

Calls are answered by call handlers and triaged by a nurse who will assess the urgency and the caller’s need. If an individual requires an assessment, they will be referred to the appropriate service, such as a community mental health team or LPT’s crisis and home treatment team. The team is also supported by a consultant psychiatrist.

The CAP phone service* is not an emergency service.

If you have immediate, serious and life-threatening emergency mental and/or physical health needs, for example if you have taken an overdose or are in imminent danger of physical harm, you should attend A & E or call 999 for the appropriate emergency service.

For more information on local mental health services please visit: Support for your emotional wellbeing

Find a support worker role near you today
Local Services, Let